Note: This article refers to the legacy version of the Website Builder. If you signed up to the HostPapa Website Builder after March 11 2020, you’re on the new version of the Website Builder. For help, go here.
An excellent way to promote and share your website’s content is with the Facebook Like button. You can add a Facebook Like button to any of your site’s pages. When a visitor clicks on the button, a story appears in their friends’ News Feed, with a link back to your website.
Here’s how to add one to your site:
- The Facebook Like Widget is located in Widgets > More > Social. Drag and drop it onto your page.
- Click Edit on the top-left corner of the widget, and you will see the following editing options:
- Margin: This is the spacing around the widget.
- Alignment: You can align the widget to the left, to the center, or to the right.
- URL to Like: This defaults to the page you add the widget to, and you can change this URL to another page of your site.
- Layout style: You can choose how the number of likes your page has had is displayed.
- Width: The width of the widget in pixels.
- Show faces: You can select whether to show the profile picture of the visitors who have liked your page.
- Font: You can choose the font of your “Like” button – there are six options to choose from.
- Colour Scheme: Choose the colour of the like count and button.
- When you’re finished setting up your button, click Save.
- Save your site, and then click on Publish to make your changes live.