Important to Remember
- Regulator: IE Domain Registry – IEDR
- HostPapa’s Partner Registrar: InterNetX
- Domain details may not be visible in HostPapa Dashboard:
- Contact details can not be updated in the Dashboard;
- Name servers can not be updated in the Dashboard;
- A ticket is requested with Domains Department.
- Registration period: 1 year only.
- Registration is not processed automatically due to additional documentation requirements.
- Eligibility criteria:
- an Irish citizen or closely connected to Ireland;
- business registered in Ireland;
- Not available for .IE domain names.
- Domains ending with .ie require a transfer code (EPP key / Auth Code).
- Transfer code can be obtained directly from the IEDR console.
- Before submitting a transfer request, please make sure you are in possession of the domain’s Authcode; it is needed to complete the transfer.
- For transfers out, please obtain the code from the IEDR console.
- The transfer code is sent to the Administrative email address. Domains Department can tell what is the Administrative email address and also update it. Requests must be sent via a ticket.
- Domain renewal date with HostPapa will depend on the transfer completion date and invoiced accordingly (despite WHOIS showing a different expiry date).
- Renewal term is 1 year only.
- If renewal is not paid, the domain is marked for deletion on expiry. WHOIS will show “Voluntary NRP”/”Involuntary NRP”. Domain keeps resolving for 40 days after expiry and can be renewed at a regular price.
- If the domain renewal invoice has not been paid in time, the domain may get parked and the website routed to a custom page.
- Domain stops resolving after 40 days since expiry. There are 30 more days during which the domain can be renewed at a regular price.
- After 70 days since expiry, the domain is removed from the IEDR database and released to public registration.
- There is a fee to change ownership of an .IE domain name. Please check the exact price by opening a support ticket.
For further questions, or if you need help, please open a support ticket from your HostPapa Dashboard. Click here to learn how to do it.