When you make changes to the settings of a domain, such as updating nameservers or contact information, GoDaddy automatically unlocks and then re-locks the domain.
If you want to transfer your domain from GoDaddy to HostPapa, you need to unlock your domain first.
Note: If you are unable to perform the steps mentioned below, it is possible that your account is locked. In case of the following events you cannot unlock your domain for 60 days:
- Transferring or registering a domain name.
- Updating the registrant contact organization and/or the registrant contact’s last name for first name.
- If the registrant contact organization is not listed.
Instructions on how to unlock your domain:
- In you GoDaddy account, go to the Domain Settings page.
- Click the Edit link beside the Domain lock under the Additional Settings section.
- Switch the toggle to the Off position.
Note: It might take up to one hour for the changes to be reflected.
Submit the transfer request from your HostPapa Dashboard -> My Domains section and we’ll take care of the rest.
For further questions, or if you need help, please open a support ticket from your HostPapa Dashboard. Click here to learn how to do it.
María is an enthusiast of cinema, literature and digital communication. As Content Coordinator at HostPapa, she focuses on the publication of content for the blog and social networks, organizing the translations, as well as writing and editing articles for the KB.