cPanel and WHM (Web Host Manager) are popular dashboards used for administrative control of servers and hosting accounts. Depending on your HostPapa service, you may have access to one or both of these powerful configuration tools.
WHM is used to administer dedicated servers or VPS hosting services. It is not available with standard web hosting services. The tool is used to manage reseller services, cPanel accounts, and server configurations.
WHM includes the following features:
- Create new accounts.
- Create and modify hosting packages.
- Add domains to the server.
- Manage hosting and account features.
- Reset cPanel accounts.
- Manage cPanel account restrictions.
- Modify DNS Zone records.
- Configure nameservers.
- Perform system and control panel maintenance.
Learn more about WHM in these HostPapa knowledge base articles.
cPanel is an end-user dashboard, for managing individual hosting accounts. It’s available on all HostPapa hosting services.
cPanel allows account administrators to perform tasks including:
- Account file management.
- Manage addon domains and subdomains.
- Manage email accounts and services.
- Install web applications.
- Edit DNS records for the domain.
- Monitor web traffic.
- Create and manage databases.
- Back up and restore account data.
Find out more about using cPanel in these HostPapa knowledge base articles.
If you notice any problems or if you need any help, please open a new support ticket from your HostPapa Dashboard. More details on how to open a support ticket can be found here.